Click here to view the Gardiner Gallery of Art Exhibitions..
Artists who want to submit their work for consideration: Please contact Gallery Director Teresa Holder.
Click here to take our Gardiner Visitor Survey.
art.okstate.edu | 405-744-6016 | Free Admission
M-F 8am - 5pm & Open until 8pm on Tuesday. Saturday by appointment.
Closed on Sundays, University Holidays, and home game days.
One of the first residence halls in Oklahoma, the Women’s Building was constructed in 1910. The name was changed to Gardiner Hall in recognition of Maud Gardiner, who pioneered Home Economics at OSU. In addition to being one of the first women’s residence halls, it also housed the Domestic Economy and Art Division. Through the years, along with the Domestic arts, the building has been used for women’s physical education, karate, speech, agriculture extension, drafting, and the Foreign Language Department. A gift from Pete and Pat Bartlett made possible a complete renovation of Gardiner Hall. The name was changed to Bartlett Center for the Studio Arts after the Art Department reclaimed the building in 1984. With the addition of the Visual Arts Annex to the Art Department in 2002, new opportunities in 3D, Sculpture, Ceramics, and Printmaking Studios became available, so the name was changed to the Bartlett Center for the Visual Arts. The art gallery continues to bear the historic building name as the Gardiner Gallery of Art. Exhibits include the student and faculty exhibitions as well as international and national artists. The gallery also features faculty and student curated shows and traveling exhibitions.
For more information on OSU Museum of Art exhibits please visit Oklahoma State University Museum of Art.
Exhibitions and programs at the Gardiner Gallery are sponsored by
OSU Student Fees, the College of Arts and Sciences, Donors to the Gallery Fund, and the Oklahoma Arts Council.